A partial listing of the DA's duties includes:
- Review police reports and prepare complaints in all criminal cases in three district courts.
- Prepare indictments and present to the grand jury.
- Trials in district and superior court.
- Pre-trial litigation.
- Appeals to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- Asisting police in preparation of search and arrest warrants.
- Prosecuting drug forfeitures.
- Provide training to law enforcement officers.
- Provide legal advice and in some cases legal representation to the Oxford County Commissioners.